The Second Time Around: Liebster Award Nomination



GOOD NEWS!

I have been nominated, for the second time, for the Liebster Award!!! I feel so honored. To read about my first Liebster Award nomination courtesy of Alisa Hitchings and Rachel Pearson, click: Liebster Award.

Before we begin with the questions, I would like to thank Liz from WorldWideWithKids.Com for this nomination. Thank you Liz!

How does the Liebster Award work?

If nominated, you must:

1) Link back to the person that nominated you, that’s me in this case.
2) Tell us 11 interesting facts about yourself.
3) Answer the questions set by your nominator.
4) Link all the blogs of your nominees.
5) Write 11 questions for your nominees to answer.

Lastly, don’t forget to notify your nominees otherwise they’ll never know!

Shall we begin?

11 Facts You Didn’t Know About Xam Julliarde

1) My name is NOT Xam Julliarde. Nowhere even near that. It’s Sarah Zonio.

2) I decided on Xam because if you combine my first and second name (which is Sarah Mariz), it will give you Sam. But I always love a little Tabasco Sauce on my pizza, so I changed Sam to Xam. Pronounced the same, but just spelled a little differently.

3) Julliarde was from a music school in America. Music is another passion of mine, so I added it in!

4) I was born in the Philippines, but raised in Dubai.

5) Paintings were not really my thing, until I traveled to Paris. So when I got the chance to go to a legit art shop in Bali, I bought more than just a handful! I’m not kidding, I almost got an excess baggage because of it.

6) I am NOT adventurous when it comes to food. The farthest I’ve gone (so far, at least) was the Babi Guling or Suckling Pig in Bali.

7) Thai and Italian cuisines are my most favorites! I could eat them all day long, 7 times a week and not get fed up.

8) I’m a water and nature baby. Bring me to places like Australia, Phuket, Bali, Hawaii (and loads more), where water and nature’s abundant, I’ll love you forever. Promise.

9) I aspire to become a travel writer/travel presenter one day (and to meet Anthony Bourdain for real too! Hey, nothing bad with dreaming)

10) Heavy accents turn me on (French, Italian, Irish, Australian, you name it)

11) I’ll probably cry when I step into the Italian territory. I’ve been dreaming to go to Italy ever since I was a kid!

That’s it for my 11 Facts! 
Now, for my answers to WorldWideWithKids.Com’s questions. Ready? I am.

Where are you from and do you still live there?

I am from the Philippines, but just came back here for college. I’ll be graduating soon, so I’m traveling back to Dubai.

What are the top 3 countries you have visited, and why?

First, France. I have learnt so much about myself in this place, had so many amazing times with the old and new people in my life, met a friend for keeps, and fell in love with … well, I fell in love … with France, of course! Gottcha!

Second, Indonesia. Specifically Bali. Even if I’ve just stayed there for two days, I fell in love with its rich culture, friendly people and amazing waves.

Third, Singapore. This is another country that I would never hesitate going back to. The cleanliness, friendliness and openness are what I love most about Singapore.


What is the weirdest food you have ever eaten?

Back to when I said I am not adventurous when it comes to trying out new food, the weirdest I would say (which you may not find entirely weird) was the Babi Guling from Bali. I mean, pig parts? Really? How do they even make those things? Like cut the ears, cut the toes … oh my. I can’t even. It tastes good though. But doesn’t mean I’ll try it again.

How old is your blog?

One year, going two years old. I started blogging since November 2013.

What is the worst thing about blogging?

Probably the worst thing would be pouring your heart out on an article, being so excited about posting it, then later finding out that the people who actually liked (let alone read) it was less than you’ve imagined. Much more, those who’ve actually read it were just within your family circles. Happened to me.


What is the best thing about blogging?

Relating to my previous answer, though it hurts to have just a few readers, the tendency for that is you push yourself more to give better and better results the next time you post your articles. You read more, you write more, and you learn more about what your audiences like. In the long run, it’s a win-win. You might even surprise yourself someday!

Can you share a tip on creating a great blog?

Be yourself and just let your passion speak. Yes, I’ve said that a lot of times before to many people who’ve asked, but I’ll keep saying it again and again. No one knows yourself better than you do and once you know who you are, you know what you want. Once you know what you want, you know exactly what to give. It’s a chain reaction, you see. But it should start from within you. Honesty and genuine love never hurts anyone.

What makes you happy?

A lot of things: chocolates, animals, the beach, One Direction, my family and friends, and so much more. But seriously, traveling. I don’t care if I would have to pack and unpack over and over again. Traveling is my first love, my soul mate, and definitely my husband-to-be.

Do you have a favorite blog that you follow? What is it?

I have loads and it keeps growing every single day!

Which of your own blog posts is your favorite and why?

The article that I keep going back to (so far) is my post about the time I went Skydiving in Dubai -  Dubai: Flying Over 13,000 Ft. High

What is the biggest mistake you have made with your blog?

None. I really can’t think of anything, honestly. I mean, even if I thought one wouldn’t work out, it turns out really good in the long run! Guess the lesson here would be, everything comes in its perfect timing and for the best situations. You just have to trust your instincts and go with your guts.


Since I’ve already nominated a few on my previous Liebster Award, I want to bend the rules a little with this second one. I wouldn’t be nominating anyone, because I want to give everyone the liberty of doing the Liebster if you choose to. Just make sure to link it back to me because I would LOVE to read your answers!

For my questions,

1) Where were you born and do you still live there?

2) What was the most exciting adventure you have ever done while traveling?

3) To travel with friends, family, or solo? Why?

4) If I would ask you on a spontaneous trip, where would we go? Why?

5) Which country, that you have already visited, taught you so much about yourself? What did you learn from it?

6) What 5 tips can you share about traveling for the first time travelers?

7) Which of your own blog posts is your favorite? Why?

8) If you would be given a chance to cover an article for a certain country what would it be and what would the article be called?

9) What country do you find most exotic to visit? Is it on your bucket list?

10) What was the weirdest food you’ve eaten abroad?

11) What was the greatest lesson you’ve learnt during your travels?


Good luck!
Paalam!